Alternatives to driving
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint from Air Travel
13. Avoid flying when possible, fly less frequently, fly shorter distances, and fly economy class.
14. Take fewer flying vacations and do more driving vacations.
15. Use Skype and FaceTime more often.
16. Fly economy because it more evenly spreads the emission cost between more people.
Reduce Your Home Energy Carbon Footprint
17. Turn off lights when you leave.
18. Use LED Light bulbs.
19. Keep your Thermostat at a consistent temperature.
20. Better Insulate and seal your home with caulk, insulation, and weather stripping.
21. Install solar panels on your roof.
22. Eliminate your electricity bill or even earn money by selling electricity back to the grid.
Reduce Your Carbon Footprint From Food
23. Eat locally-produced and organic food (13 percent of U.S. Emissions come from food transportation costs).
24. Eat less Beef (cows take a lot of resources to raise.)
25. Drink less Milk (same reason).
26. Get water conserving faucets.
27. Reuse and recycle